For Thai Food Fans
Kate
2023-06-05 17:37:34 UTC
I went to a Thai festival in Lower Manhattan yesterday. It was free, but the food vendors got a few of my $. Mango sticky rice, dry pork over noodles, a shrimp curry that was to die for.

The stage was going non-stop. Dancing of all kinds, a fashion show, a muy Thai demonstration.

The best part was the food demo. The chef, Suzy Wong talked about the basic flavors you find in Thai food, made an assortment of condiments, and then a seafood sauce to go over shrimp, served on a banana leaf.

Also worth noting: Suzy Wong and one of the emcees were in drag. The children in the audience didn't seem to be particularly concerned about it, neither were their parents.

Here's Suzy's instagram. Her family has been running a Nashville restaurant for 45 years. https://www.instagram.com/arnoldmyintbna

So grateful I get to do things like this.
D.J.
2023-06-05 19:16:41 UTC
On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 10:37:34 -0700 (PDT), Kate
Post by Kate
I went to a Thai festival in Lower Manhattan yesterday. It was free, but the food vendors got a few of my $. Mango sticky rice, dry pork over noodles, a shrimp curry that was to die for.
The stage was going non-stop. Dancing of all kinds, a fashion show, a muy Thai demonstration.
The best part was the food demo. The chef, Suzy Wong talked about the basic flavors you find in Thai food, made an assortment of condiments, and then a seafood sauce to go over shrimp, served on a banana leaf.
Also worth noting: Suzy Wong and one of the emcees were in drag. The children in the audience didn't seem to be particularly concerned about it, neither were their parents.
Here's Suzy's instagram. Her family has been running a Nashville restaurant for 45 years. https://www.instagram.com/arnoldmyintbna
So grateful I get to do things like this.
Sounds like fun.
--
Jim