Been a while. Who currently manages the group?
Summer Storms
2023-08-13 17:11:23 UTC
I'm just wondering who's around, and who's in charge these days?
D.J.
2023-08-13 21:25:37 UTC
On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:11:23 -0700 (PDT), Summer Storms
Post by Summer Storms
I'm just wondering who's around, and who's in charge these days?
Hiya Summer !

Not many of us left. About 6 of us I would say. I have spammers
blocked, so I don't see them.
Jim
Gary Chanson
2023-08-14 02:12:40 UTC
Post by Summer Storms
I'm just wondering who's around, and who's in charge these days?
Hiya Summer !
Not many of us left. About 6 of us I would say. I have spammers
blocked, so I don't see them.
I still check in once in a while...

-Gary
Barry Gold
2023-08-27 17:24:34 UTC
Post by Summer Storms
I'm just wondering who's around, and who's in charge these days?
Hiya Summer !
Not many of us left. About 6 of us I would say. I have spammers
blocked, so I don't see them.
I don't think anyone is "in charge". alt.callahans is an unmoderated
group -- anybody can post and the news servers will pass the message
around the same for a (mostly hypothetical) spammer as for a Callahans
regular.
I do so have a memory. It's backed up on DVD... somewhere...
Wayne S Garmil
2023-09-03 03:46:21 UTC
Post by Summer Storms
I'm just wondering who's around, and who's in charge these days?
Not many of us left. About 6 of us I would say. I have spammers
blocked, so I don't see them.
I don't think anyone is "in charge". alt.callahans is an unmoderated
group -- anybody can post and the news servers will pass the message
around the same for a (mostly hypothetical) spammer as for a Callahans
regular.
I still check here about once a month. Either the group doesn't get a
lot of posts, or my ISP's news server is not doing good retention.
Usually I see a reply from a week or two ago at most, and never see
the original post. I should check on APN since I still pay for that,
even though I don't think that I pulled any new posts from that server
in a year or more.

WildCard
--
_ __ _ __ | I see the girls walk by dressed in
' ) / // / / ) / | their summer clothes; I have to turn
(_(_/ <_</_(_/ (__/ (_/|_/ (_(_/_ | -Rolling Stones, "Paint It Black"
Kate
2023-08-14 17:08:44 UTC
Post by Summer Storms
I'm just wondering who's around, and who's in charge these days?
There's not really anyone in charge any more than there ever was. There are more active groups on Facebook and probably other places. Shadowcat runs one of those and I believe he's trying to revive callahans.org.